Show me a fan of chain mail and I’ll eat a disgusting meal that only a contestant on Survivor would eat to win a challenge.
Normally this isn’t something that I readily volunteer to take part in, ‘complete and pass on’ don’t even feature in my thought process, more like ‘delete’ is the first brain seismic activity that I associate with this. But I’m on holiday and I have time to myself for the first time in a very long time, and I’m in the mood for some smiles. I was tagged by Siobhan (@vonimoller), from Twitter, to be a part of the “11 Questions” survey (sounds better than chain mail), and now I’m “paying it forward”
Rules: 1. You must post these rules. 2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog. 3. Answer the questions the tagger (that’s me, Dezy) set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer. 4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post. 5. Go to their page or mention on twitter and tell them you have linked him or her. 6. No tag backs. 7. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ You legitimately have to tag 11 people. 8. Advise the tagger (that’s me, Dezy) that you have completed your part in the survey.
11 Things about me:
- I have a very healthy obsession with music and I listen to music almost every waking moment of every day. Without it, I am not complete. I have about 900 CD’s in my collection and counting….
- I have lost a total of 40kg’s in the last 3 years. At one stage, my bra cup size was a size G, so you could see me coming around a corner, 4 minutes before I arrived.
- I have travelled to over 60 cities in the world and have 2 continents to go to say that I have set foot on every continent.
- I would love to become an inspirational speaker. Not a motivational one. I feel that people cannot be motivated by others, only by themselves, but they can be inspired by others.
- My addiction of late, is to buy crystals. I started the addiction in August and I now have 51 crystals (in only 5 months) in my prized collection.
- My favourite artist is Salvador Dali.
- I cannot go a day without laughter. I tend to find humour in almost anything, making my days brighter and more memorable.
- I talk a lot. My mother is adamant I started talking at 6 months, and the joke is that I haven’t stopped since. My teachers would always comment in my school reports that “Dezy is a wonderful student, but she talks too much”
- My favourite movie of all time is the Italian, English subtitled “Cinema Paradiso“
- I have only had 3 long-standing relationships in my life; 1 of 7 years, 1 of 3 years and my last one was 4 years.
- I named my daughter, Cameron Drew, after Cameron Diaz, and Drew Barrymore (my 2 favourite actresses). If we had a boy, I would have gotten 1 name (that being Jack) and my ex would have gotten 1 name (that being Daniel). Luckily a boy was not born, forever after to be named “Jack Daniel” (see something wrong with this?)
Siobhan’s 11 Questions:
- What is your star sign and are you most like the character traits it is said to represent? >> My star sign is Taurus, and I am the represent this star sign with great pride. I am a Taurean. Through. And. Through.
- What is your favourite book and why? >> “Veronica decides to die” by Paulo Coelho. Every one of Paulo Coelho’s books holds a valuable lesson, which one should use to develop themselves, but the story that portrayed in this book just speaks volumes to me.
- What is your favourite food? >> My favourite food is a Pumpkin, Pasta and Bacon oven bake…. nom nom nom
- Do you dream often? >> I do, and always very vivid and “OUT THERE” dreams, but I don’t always remember them.
- If you won the Lotto, what would you do with the money? >> I would pay off all my debt, help out my folks and brother clear their debt, pay off / invest money for my daughter’s future tuition, put a good amount in trust for her when she’s older and then spoil myself with the balance.
- What are you scared of? >> Disappointing loved ones
- TV or radio? >> Radio
- Spicy or mild? >> Spicy
- How much WATER do you drink daily? >> Just over 2L a day
- How many pets do you have? >> 1 times lonely goldfish
- What do you do to keep healthy? >> I’ve been a bad pooty tat lately. But when I’m on the health wagon: No man-made starches, no junk food / fizzy drinks, only water, 6 small meals a day, fresh fruit and veggies every day, and exercise, even if it’s just a brisk 10 minute walk.
My Tag Victims for “11 Questions”:
My “11 Questions” for My Tag Victims to answer:
- Have you broken any bones in your body, and if yes, explain how?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Do you have a twitter crush, and are you brave enough to show their identity?
- Standard 7!! Quickly! What is the first memory that came to mind when you read that?
- What was the first Music Tape / CD you ever bought (if you were born before 1991, a tape is a CD’s predecessor)?
- Name the first song you slow danced to at your first school dance.
- Do you know all the words to “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- Do you fold your toilet paper or scrunch?
- Which Superhero would you be if you were given super powers?
- Yellow! Underwater! Insect! Quickly! What’s the first thing that comes to mind after reading those words?
Now pass on to 11 people or your computer is going to put on weight #stoprunning
- Trend Alert: Chain Mail (fabsugar.com)
- Chain Mail Beer Stein For Drinking All Knight(!!!1) (geekologie.com)
- The plastic weaving project and chain mail experiment (saymberblondi.wordpress.com)
- Spotlight! Chain Mail Accessories (fabsugar.com)